Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Faceime camera issue after Mountain Lion

Installed Mountain Lion, Facetime shows no camera attached

mid 2011 Macbook air

Have reset PRAM and done a shutdown reboot, still no camera

does not show uo under USB n system information

anybody else?

MacBook Air (11-INCH, MID 2011), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 6:08 AM

62 replies

Aug 1, 2012 2:33 PM in response to hood727

Kinda same problem.. No official Apple store in my country and I have doubts that apple authorized reseller here will try to fix it but mess something else in my less than a month old MBP Retina. and yeah they don't do exchanges here..

Atleast hoping since it's a widespread issue that Apple will look into it and fix via Software/Firmware updates soon. although I'm kinda worried since I didn't try the camera before updating to mountain lion.

Aug 2, 2012 10:52 AM in response to AlyMourad

I don't know how to tell everyone at once so if you know how please get this around the forums;

With the computer off, using the left side of the keyboard press and hold;

Shift

Control

Option

and the power key for 5 seconds

then let go of them all at the same time

Nothing will appear to have happened- Turn your computer back on and open facetime- YEAAAAH Buddy! Just worked on mine and feel its my duty to tell others. No clue how to post in all. Thanks to a sweet girl named Rachel at Applecare.

Aug 2, 2012 10:53 AM in response to SunnyWebster

I don't know how to tell everyone at once so if you know how please get this around the forums;

Shift

Control

Option

Nothing will appear to have happened- Turn your computer back on and open facetime- YEAAAAH Buddy! Just worked on mine and feel its my duty to tell others. No clue how to post in all. Thanks to a sweet girl named Rachel at Applecare.

Aug 2, 2012 10:53 AM in response to bigham_511

Shift

Control

Option

Faceime camera issue after Mountain Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.