Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook battery meter less than 100% when on AC

My MacBook pro has been plugged in to the wall for days but the battery

Meter shows 98%. I also upgraded to mountain lion.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4), Mid 2012 model

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 6:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 6:09 AM

The battery will not charge to 100% sometimes unless it is drained down from time to time. I have seen this vary on multiple MACs I own. This keeps the charge cycles down.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1909

Resolution

This is normal. The batteries used in these computers are designed to avoid short discharge/charge cycles in order to prolong the overall life of the battery.

When setting the Mac OS X battery status menu bar icon to display charge state by percentage, you may notice that the reported charge stays between 93 or 95 percent and 99 percent.

The adapter will not charge the battery to 100% automatically if it will add additional wear to the battery.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2012 6:09 AM in response to DeputyDog2003

The battery will not charge to 100% sometimes unless it is drained down from time to time. I have seen this vary on multiple MACs I own. This keeps the charge cycles down.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1909

Resolution

This is normal. The batteries used in these computers are designed to avoid short discharge/charge cycles in order to prolong the overall life of the battery.

When setting the Mac OS X battery status menu bar icon to display charge state by percentage, you may notice that the reported charge stays between 93 or 95 percent and 99 percent.

The adapter will not charge the battery to 100% automatically if it will add additional wear to the battery.

MacBook battery meter less than 100% when on AC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.