Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logitech Mouse swipe issues with Mountain Lion.

I have noticed to my annoyance since installing Mountain Lion earlier this evening, that my Logitech cordless mouse refuses to scroll to the right, upon opening Launchpad.

Specifically, the scroll-wheel tilt-function now refuses to swipe between pages within the Launchpad, as it did without a problem with OS X Lion. Moreover, I have noticed that Mountain Lion no longer allows the arrow keys to perform the same function, again as it did with no problem under OS X Lion. Even after downloading Logitech's latest firmware for the mouse, this particular problem persists.

This "feature" as Apple will no doubt claim it is, has already annoyed me, for I really don't want to be forced onto Apple's proprietary Magic Mouse or Magic Pad if I can at all avoid it, and I actually resent the apparent attempts by Apple to force iDevice owners to change their keyboard and mouse habits.

At the very least, I would prefer to use the keyboard's arrow keys to swipe between pages, instead of the Magic Mouse that for me does very little for hand posture. Does anybody know of a tweak within System Preferences to reactivate this 'Lion-specific' feature? Whatever useful tips there may be offered are appreciated in advance.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 6:12 AM

5 replies

Jul 27, 2012 7:41 PM in response to David from Leura

I have exactly the same problem with a Dell Travel Mouse. I can scroll Launchpad to the left but not to the right. In fact the display only scrolls to the left no matter which direction I push the scroll wheel. Horizontal scrolling by pushing the mouse wheel to the right or left works fine in Safari. This is most likely a bug in Launchpad that will affect any scrollwheel mouse that supports the horizontal scrolling. Yet another annoyance in ML.

Jul 27, 2012 7:55 PM in response to pwl3

I have a logitech Performance MX and it side scrolls in Launchpad. I don't use the Logitech software though ( I use the System Prefs/Mission Control to assign functions to the buttons), and I don't find it easy to side scroll. It is easier to just grab with the mouse and pull from one screen to the next, ie on the first screen, just grab the space on the right by holding down the mouse and drag to the left and you will pull the next screen across. Very quick simple and intuitive.

Logitech Mouse swipe issues with Mountain Lion.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.