Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mountain Lion and AirPlay Mirroring

Mountain Lion not detecting my Apple TV on the same network, the AirPlay Mirroring menu item does not appear in the menu bar.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 6:30 AM

13 replies

Jul 30, 2012 5:46 PM in response to mlong925

I had the same issue. I could connect right after I upgraded to M Lion, however, it stopped working. It showed a black screen but audio kept working. Itunes also worked, it even showed my videos with audio but when I tried to connect the airplay with mirroring, it only showed a black screen. I tried morroring my iphone and iPad and guess what? They worked!!

Good news???? I just rebooted the system and mirroring on my Macbook Air and Pro worked again.

Try that guys!!

Sep 15, 2012 9:59 PM in response to mlong925

People they are using Airplay to show their presentations on TV's and Projectors. now all PHD's, Doctors, Professors, Teachers have this Big problem and that APPLE does NOT care at all. it's been a long time and with 10.8.1 updates all we've got surprised that this issue still not resolved!!

We should go with Samsung, for real they are beating Apple with Phones and very soon with Laptops Samsung Series 9. so next time Apple has to resolve their Stupid BUGs ASAP, the only word I can say for now is....F#ck Apple Administration after Steve Job left, and Apple will be gone within 10 years, remember my words! Period.

Mountain Lion and AirPlay Mirroring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.