Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AFP Share Points Missing When Admin Logs Out

Mountain Lion / OS X Server - File Sharing Issue

I have several share points on an external thunderbolt drive (i don't know if this is part of the issue) but when the admin logs out of the server, which I always did with Lion, these share points disapear on users connected to the server and only shows their server home directory.

I have to log back in and restart the File Sharing Service to have these share points show back up.

They only solution I have found is to just put the sever to sleep / screen saver instead of logging out ... which is not what i want to do.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Mac mini, OS X Server

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 6:34 AM

5 replies

Jul 29, 2012 1:17 PM in response to morrissey-ingenious

I am having the same problem. I have a 2 gig HD with multiple shares connected to the server via Firewire 800. I am also having disk i/o error over the network with mail and contacts. This is from a clean install. May have to do it again soon if this doesn't fix itself. for now I am leaving the admin logged in in hopes it will run.

David Urban

Jul 29, 2012 1:58 PM in response to morrissey-ingenious

I contacted apple support and they were able to replicate the problem. Here is a fix that they provided.

From the terminal.

sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/autodiskmount AutomountDisksWithoutUserLogin -bool YES

Enter your password.

You should now be able to logout with out the disks un-mounting.

AFP Share Points Missing When Admin Logs Out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.