Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal issue with Mountain Lion

I upgraded one of my Macs to OS X Mountain Lion. Today, I found out, that iCal communication has changed. I cannot enter nor modify calendar entries which are hosted on a Zimbra server (Zimbra Community Edition 7.2.0) and accessed through the CalDAV protocol. - The same calendar can be updated from a 10.7 OS X Client without any problem for the same account.

So it seems that Mountain Lion changed the way of its communication to CalDAV servers. I get the following error message in iCal: The server responded with “400” to operation CalDAVWriteEntityQueueableOperation.

I did not expect iCal to become broken through the Mountain Lion upgrade... - Any idea if this can be fixed?

Mac mini (Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 12:54 PM

It's to do with the Default Alarm setting. There is a bug that does not allow "Alert" to be set to "None".

To temporarily solve this bug, set the default alarm for that account to anything other than "None". And also, don't change alert setting of any existing event to None.

14 replies

Jul 28, 2012 9:10 AM in response to macuser1967

This fix did not work for me - it doesn't seem to have anything to do with creating events, I get an unspecified error when iCal attempts to even connect to the CalDav server now (keeps reprompting for PW and when I enter it, saying "The server responded with an error." with the same settings I had before, that worked fine as of last night on Snow Leopard, and that are still working fine on the iOS devices). I tried setting the default reminders so that none of them were "none" (which none of them were before anyway), but it still won't connect. Any ideas?

Apple, please help! This is a really huge, fundamental breakage for me.

Is there any way to back out the Mountain Lion install short of paving the machine and starting over?

iCal issue with Mountain Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.