Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where did my beach screensaver go?

My all time favorite screen saver, Apples built in beautiful photos of beach scenes, gone. I see they've add new other ones, but I want my beach photos back. Any ideas how I can get that screen saver back on Mountain Lion?

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 7:15 AM

37 replies

Jul 28, 2012 8:43 PM in response to Zachary Mitchell

I found the answer to your question in a thread from 2003. It worked for me but the images are only 1024 x 768 pixels. I hope it is okay to post this link from another forum.

"Images from Beach screensaver as JPGs?"

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=20110

I would like Apple to put back in the options we had with Mac OS 10.7.4, for the Screen Saver portion of "Desktop & Screen Saver" in System Preferences and keep the new Screen Saver options from OS Mountain Lion.

May 11, 2013 1:39 PM in response to Zachary Mitchell

IF YOU ONLY LOVE THE BEACH SCREENSAVER I SUGEST YOU TO DO THIS:

1. GO TO YOUR HDD OR SSD / SYSTEM / LIBRARY / SCREEN SAVERS, AND DELETE EVERYTHING BUT THE FILE "BEACH.SLIDESAVER" (YOU CAN BACKUP THE OTHER FILES IF YOU WISH TO GET THEM BACK)

2. GO TO SYSTEM PREFERENCES / DESKTOP & SCREEN SAVER / CHOOSE KEN BURNS (FROM THE LIST OF SLIDESHOWS

3. IN THE "SOURCE" DROPDOWN MENU: CHOOSE FOLDER / HDD OR SSD / SYSTEM / LIBRARY / SCREEN SAVERS.

ENJOY.

P.S.: IT'S GOOD IF YOU WANT TO GET SOME MORE SPACE ON YOUR SSD (EVEN IF IT'S ONLY A FEW MB... AND YOU AVOID SEARCHING FOR IMAGES AND PUT THEM INTO A FOLDER...).

May 11, 2013 2:08 PM in response to Zachary Mitchell

I have that screensaver in my HD/System/Library/Screen Savers folder but the system doesn't recognize it. Check your HD/System/Library/Screen Savers folder to see if you have it.

User uploaded file

Control (right)-click on the Beach.slidesaver package and select Show Package Contents from the contextual menu and open the Resources folder. There you will find the jpeg files that make up the screensaver.

User uploaded file

You can Option+drag (copy) them to the Desktop and import to your iPhoto library, put them in an album and use that album as your screensaver thru the System preferences.

OT

Where did my beach screensaver go?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.