Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Server cannot access my AEBS

After upgrading from Lion Server to Mountain Lion Server, my AirPort Extreme Base Station (dual band) is showing up under "HARDWARE" in my Server.app, but when I click on the AEBS, I get an error message:

An error occurred on the server while processing a command.

The error occurred while processing a command of type 'getIGDPortmaps' in plug-in 'servermgr_network'.

I've tried resetting my router and restarting my server to no avail. Any idea how to force Mt Lion Server to access my AEBS afresh?

Mac mini, OS X Server

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 7:50 AM

23 replies

Jul 26, 2012 8:44 AM in response to John Catalano

Follow up. This is the error in my console:

2012.07.26 10:15:00.789 PM Server[567]: Error: The server '127.0.0.1' reported an error while processing a command of type: 'getIGDPortmaps' in plug-in: 'servermgr_network'. Error: Error Domain=com.apple.Keychain Code=-25300 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.Keychain error -25300.)"

Jul 27, 2012 7:13 AM in response to John Catalano

Unfortunately, I'm having the same issue. I've considered calling Apple but since my Mac Mini is outside of the 90 day phone support window, I'm sure they'll want me to pay for the service or have me purchase AppleCare to extend the phone coverage.

All the port forwarding and everything works but nothing shows up in the Server Pane under Basestation.

I'm also surprised that no one else has had the issue. Myself and 2 others in my thread have it and now you mark the 4th person I know of that has the issue.

Here's hoping someone will shed some light on this soon.

Jul 27, 2012 12:08 PM in response to Emilio Graveran

I don't know if this will help but here's what happened today.

While I was out of the house, I wanted to see if the VPN connection was still active and working on my phone. It told me that it couldn't log in so no big deal. I figured I'd check it when I got home.

I got home and checked the Server settings for VPN and sure enough, it was off. I turned the VPN setting to ON and let it write its information. I then went to the AEBS tab on the left pane and it asked me for the password. Once I put in the password for the AEBS, it worked just fine.

So far what I've done was erase any Keychain passwords related to the AEBS and turned on VPN service to get it working. Don't know if that'll work for everyone else but hopefully it does. Seems it's a tiny bug that should be stomped out rather quickly as it's a huge piece of OS X Server.

Jul 27, 2012 8:29 PM in response to Emilio Graveran

Problem appears to be fixed. Here's what I did based on your post.

1. Turn off VPN (mine was on)

2. Open keychain access and delete all keys related to my router ("aebs").

3. Turn on VPN. OS X prompts me that it's necessary to open ports.

4. Enter the new AEBS password

I've been opening ports for other services all morning. Everything seems to work OK now.

Server cannot access my AEBS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.