Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Push Email with Office 365

Is there any way at all can get push email with my Office 365 account? I have setup Exchange on the Mac and it works, and everything syncs, but email does not push to Mail.app. The best I can get it is for it to poll every minute. I perfer up to the second notifications of my email.

Anyone know of a solution?

Apple honestly could not have overlooked this, could they?

MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 8:46 AM

2 replies

Sep 25, 2013 1:09 PM in response to mo.enterprise

Mo.enterprise is ABSOLUTELY INCORRECT!!! The reason that emails come immediately to your mobile phone is that your iPhone, Android or version 10 Blackberry uses Exchange Active Sync (EAS). Apple, in its infinite wisdom has not seen fit to licence EAS for MacMail.app. They, instead, use an implementation of Exchange Web Services (EWS) to do the connectivity to Office365 (or any exchange server for that matter). Apple licensed EAS for iOS, why we can't have the same thing for Mail.app is incredulous.

If Apple really wants to be in the enterprise, they need to conceed the notion that Exchange is pretty entrenched and having EAS in MacMail would make all of these issues go away.

Push Email with Office 365

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.