Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

For backup purposes, How do I find where the data in my POP Mail mailboxes are stored?

I recently had to replace my harddrive and when I restored from Time Machine I learned that it had malfunctioned and the last backup was in January. Thus, anything stored in my various mailboxes, including a couple of newly established mailboxes, was not there.

I then reverted to my Mozy backup and did a full restore. Unfortunately, the missing data and mailboxes were not there.

For future purposes, so I can make sure it is included in my Mozy backup, where do I find the Library and folder containing this data? I spotlighted "libray mail" and searched in Finder to no avail.

Jim

MAC OS.X

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 11:30 AM

Jim,

In Lion, to get at the Mail folder wherch such things are stored, you must hold down the Option key while clicking on the Go command in the top bar. In Lion things in the User Library folder are otherwise hidden. I am not sure how to advise you about making this Mozy backup work. However, once revealed in the Finder, the Mail folder or any subfolders can simply be copied.

Ernie

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2012 11:30 AM in response to topcop1

Jim,

In Lion, to get at the Mail folder wherch such things are stored, you must hold down the Option key while clicking on the Go command in the top bar. In Lion things in the User Library folder are otherwise hidden. I am not sure how to advise you about making this Mozy backup work. However, once revealed in the Finder, the Mail folder or any subfolders can simply be copied.

Ernie

For backup purposes, How do I find where the data in my POP Mail mailboxes are stored?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.