Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store broken or is this app Swackett a malicious app?

There was a period of time when the app Swackett had an update nearly every day for a couple of weeks and I got so annoyed that I deleted it. But it kept showing up in the updates anyway. So I covered all bases and manually deleted from Applications. Didn't work. I deleted from Launchpad. Didn't work. I reinstalled and re-deleted. I searched and destroyed everything that ever mentioned Swackett anywhere. I removed it from my list of purchased apps in the store. There is nothing anywhere on my computer related to Swackett whatsoever.

I have tried everything for at least six months, and this app just keeps coming back in Updates. Even when there is zero trace of it on my hard drive, and no record of the purchase, it is always there taunting me, and frustrating me. The App Store is pretty new, and very basic with very little control, so I thought that Mountain Lion might fix the problem. It absolutely has not. So now I turn here as my last resort. I know it may seem like a small frustration to have the App Store icon always alerting me with a false alarm for an app that I now have a white hot hatred for and no longer have a copy of, but it is truly infuriating that I cannot do anything about it.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion, Swackett app

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 9:25 AM

1 reply

App Store broken or is this app Swackett a malicious app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.