Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 6.0 with proxy.pac

I just upgraded safari to version 6.0 and now my browser is experiencing issues attempting to access the internet when connected to the internet via VPN (Juniper). A proxy pac file is automatically pushed out by the gateway. This worked fine before upgrading to 6.0. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? How did you resolve it?

I've tried manually entering the proxy information as well but that fails also.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), 2.3 GHz QC Core i7, 8GB RAM

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 10:31 AM

7 replies

Jul 31, 2012 6:56 AM in response to Community User

Just add the following to the file com.apple.WebProcess.sb.

Please add it below the Basic system paths and above the FIXME: or System and user preferences:

;; Plugins

(subpath "/Library/Internet Plug-Ins")

(home-subpath "/Library/Internet Plug-Ins")

And it's fixed.

You can find the com.apple.WebProcess.sb here: /System/Library/StagedFrameworks/Safari/WebKit2.framework/WebProcess.app/Conten ts/Resources

Aug 6, 2012 12:40 PM in response to ssvenny

This was helpful but the entries were already there and I'm still unable to browse the internet whilst connected to VPN. As others have also pointed out, other browsers except safari seem to work flawlessly so this is unique to Safari 6.

Aug 6, 2012 12:48 PM in response to Community User

I think it depends upon the VPN software and if the company completely ignored Apple's guidelines.

For instance Juniper blew off Apple's guidelines and implemented their own proxy mechanism that is dynamically created as a plug-in when you're logged inot the VPN. Thus, svvemmy's solution worked for me.

Your experience has clearly varied.

The other browsers, and indeed most other software products using net access, use the Apple guidlines to communicate via proxy. So, they work through updates.

It just lousy VPN software. Juniper has screwed this up twice because they are so superior that they don't have to follow manufacturer programming guidelines. What a bunch of maroons!

Safari 6.0 with proxy.pac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.