Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

songs downloaded are cutting out?

Downloaded music today, it was interrupted. I then resumed download and it says it is complete. Played some of the music and a lot of the songs are cutting out half way. Any advice on how to fix this or REdownload?

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 11:09 AM

14 replies

Jul 26, 2012 11:13 AM in response to Dlbabilon

Assuming you are in a region where you are allowed to redownload your past music purchases, delete the current copies from your iTunes library, go to the iTunes Store home page, click the Purchased link from the Quick Links section in the right-hand column, then select Music and Not on this computer. You should find download links for your tracks there.

If the problem persists, or that facility is not yet available in your region, contact the iTunes Store support staff through the report a problem links in your account history, or via Contact Support.

tt2

Jul 28, 2012 4:04 PM in response to turingtest2

Thanks for your help turingtest2, I think I have the same problem as 'Dlbabilon'.
I have tried all I can to find a way. It was my first purchase and out of the 11 songs on the album, only 3 are complete. The time is correct but you get (eg:) 1:05 of music and 2:32 of silence. The player will not play the silence and skip to the next song. it also says I have downloaded it already to my computer and wont give me the option to download it again. I did however download this album before I authorized the computer so perhaps thats the issue. I do not own any other Apple product so I can't download it to another divice.
Being my first Itunes experiance, I doesn't give me much faith in making further purchases. 😟

Andy

Jul 28, 2012 4:14 PM in response to ooAndyoo

Delete (in iTunes) the broken songs from the music section of your library. If you delete them directly from the hard drive it thinks you still have them.

Go to the iTunes Store home page, click the Purchased link from the Quick Links section in the right-hand column, then select Music and Not on this computer. You should find download links for your tracks there.

As soon as you've started that click downloads in the left hand column and UNTICK Allow simultaneous downloads.

As before, if you still get no joy contact the iTunes Store support staff through the report a problem links in your account history, or via Contact Support. It may take time but they will work towards a resolution.

tt2

Jul 28, 2012 5:29 PM in response to turingtest2

Thanks for all your help turingtest2.

I have followed your instructions but when I get down to 'You should find download links for your tracks here'
I see nothing. It just says 'All your available music has been downloaded to this computer' , There are no other options. I have contacted support, we'll see what happens I guess.

Dlbabilon, Sorry to hijack your post, I hope some of the issues raised helped with your problem.

Regards

Andy

Jul 28, 2012 7:08 PM in response to turingtest2

I think (and I'll learning alot real fast) That only works for a second or third device (Iphone, Ipad) and not on the same computer that you already downloaded the songs originaly. As I have no other 'I' products, I don't have a cloud (not even an option)'

I tried downloading It to my computer again and it charged me again. This hole is just getting deeper.
I have sent an email to Itunes. Think I'll cut my losses and run. Write it of as a lesson learnt. :-(

But thanks anyway. Your help has been appreciated.

Andy

Aug 1, 2012 1:02 AM in response to turingtest2

I did have this same problem when I downloaded an album yesterday, but fortunately the songs all played in their entirety when I downloaded them to my iPod. I didn't attempt to delete the album from the main Music list in my iTunes library in my PC because it returns a message that says the songs will also be deleted from any iPod, iPhone or iPad that syncs with my iTunes library.

songs downloaded are cutting out?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.