You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my facebook app disappeared from my screen and the app store says its already installed? how do i reinstall?

how do I get my facebook app reinstalled on my iphone? it has disappeared from my screen and the app store shows it as already being installed. I have turned the phone off and on again and still nothing appears for facebook.

iPhone 3G, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 11:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2014 7:12 AM

Do The Following:

- Go to Settings

- Then Select General

- Then Select Usage (Wait for the page to load, it may take a while for all apps to appear)

- Find Your Facebook App from the list and click on it

- Select Delete App

- Once it's deleted, go to App market and re-download the Facebook app again - Problem solved!

This works for any app icon disappearance. Especially if you were doing something funny (e.g. home button double-click, power off your phone.. etc.) during the app update/download that caused app icon to disapper.

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 5, 2014 7:12 AM in response to moralletti911

Do The Following:

- Go to Settings

- Then Select General

- Then Select Usage (Wait for the page to load, it may take a while for all apps to appear)

- Find Your Facebook App from the list and click on it

- Select Delete App

- Once it's deleted, go to App market and re-download the Facebook app again - Problem solved!

This works for any app icon disappearance. Especially if you were doing something funny (e.g. home button double-click, power off your phone.. etc.) during the app update/download that caused app icon to disapper.

May 14, 2013 4:08 AM in response to razmee209

I did the same thing, and nothing happened. Facebook app is still missing from my phone, and the App store keeps telling me that it's already installed. When I try to open it from the App store, nothing happens. and it all started happening when I updated it to the latest version... and my home screen is now a mess! 😉

my facebook app disappeared from my screen and the app store says its already installed? how do i reinstall?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.