Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no contacts after installing mountain lion

After I installed mountain lion I do not have any contacts. I already checked in icloud. All the contacts are available, but they are not sent to my contacts on my Mac.

Contacts in Mountain Lion-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 11:51 AM

9 replies

Jul 26, 2012 2:15 PM in response to woloth

I had the same problem. Spent two hours on the phone with Apple support today and they were finally able to help me correct the problem. Had to go into the library and into the Application Support Folder and put the Addlress Book into the trash. Re-start and it started working o.k. If you are having this problem I would suggest you contact Apple support for detailed instructions on how to remedy the problem.

Jul 27, 2012 6:18 AM in response to woloth

I just wanted to add to the conversation that this was EXACTLY what happened to me after installing Mountain Lion. All my contacts were gone. It showed the Groups on the side of the address book after one day but the contacts never showed up. I tried unchecking the box for the contacts in system preferences for the iCloud and then rechecking it again. That didn't help either. Came across this remedy up above about taking the Address Book from the Application Support Folder and putting it in the trash. Viola! It worked. However, I would add that I had to go into the iCloud pane and check the address book box since it then became unchecked. Once I did that, they ALL loaded back up and now they are finally there.

Jul 27, 2012 2:19 PM in response to woloth

Thanks so much for this post. I had exactly the same problem, plus I couldn't use Mail — it was horribly slow and would freeze up. I finally figured out that the problem related to Contacts not having any database. So, I did as folks suggested here by trashing the "Address Book" folder, rebooting and rechecking Contacts in the iCloud System Preferences. ALL my problems went away — hooray!

Again, thanks!!!

Aug 5, 2012 3:42 AM in response to woloth

This worked immediately simply put the addres sbook in trash as stated above, go to preferances and re check contacts( As it is unchecked when you put the addreess book from application suport in the trash) The contacts load immediately AND the slow behavior of the mail box goes away too no beach ball( Obviusly from trying to syync with contacts) This solved all the problems I had with mountain lion

Sep 25, 2012 10:35 AM in response to jhstubbs

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I was having this exact same problem ever since upgrading to Mountain Lion. It's been very frustrating waiting 5 or more minutes for an email address to pop up when starting to type an email and not having any contacts show up in Address Book. I followed your instructions this morning and for the first time in months, my email is working properly and my address book is repopulated from iCloud. Thank you so much!

no contacts after installing mountain lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.