Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software compatibility- Canon IR2020 and Parallels

Hi guys,

I updated to ML yesterday but I had to downgraded becouse of two problems:

• I coudn´t print with my Canon IR2020 photocopy & printer, ML said the software wasn´t compatible.
  • Parallels 6 for Mac, did the same.

I have a MacBook Pro,

Procesador 2,2 GHz Intel Core i7

What I bought summer 2011.

The printer is quit important to my job, with the parallels I think I have to update the version (easy)

Any idea?

Thanks😝

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 11:55 AM

jose antonio wrote:

Hi guys,

I coudn´t print with my Canon IR2020 photocopy & printer, ML said the software wasn´t compatible.

Check updates, Apple just released Canon Printer driver updates. HP printers as well.

Parallels 6 for Mac, did the same.

Parallels 6 is not compatible. Need to upgrade to the

latest version of Parallels.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2012 11:55 AM in response to jose antonio

jose antonio wrote:

Hi guys,

I coudn´t print with my Canon IR2020 photocopy & printer, ML said the software wasn´t compatible.

Check updates, Apple just released Canon Printer driver updates. HP printers as well.

Parallels 6 for Mac, did the same.

Parallels 6 is not compatible. Need to upgrade to the

latest version of Parallels.

Jan 9, 2013 2:40 PM in response to jose antonio

I have spent several hours surfing and trying different forum suggestions to get my Canon to print through Parallels (version6).

The Mac prints, it is shared, Parallels can see it, the firewall is off, I have tried Bonjour services. Attaching it by USB doesn't see it.

It sends it to print with an error. If I add new printer I can get as far as driver update and then nothing. I have found a forum MacForums entitled problem with Canon MP970 and ljplatt gives a workaround to use a HP driver on the Windows system within Mac, this works! (I can't thank him as I am not on this forum but what a star, I can get back to work!)

Software compatibility- Canon IR2020 and Parallels

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.