Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

river deep, mountain lion slow

So Mountain Lion is installed and operational, but every action takes forever. Click on an icon, it takes minutes, not seconds for the program to come up. If I wantto change the desktop background image I could go to the kitchen and boil a kettle before the system preference comes up. Spining Wheel is the mot common feature of ML, at least for me.

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 12:05 PM

7 replies

Jul 26, 2012 1:51 PM in response to JustJoan R.

Note that there were 11 Troubleshooting steps in that document, and reinstalling is number 10. You should try those other steps, if you didn't already, before reinstalling. If you don't, you may waste a lot of time re-downloading ML and not fix the problem.

Also, note that in order for the info in the Activity Monitor to be useful, you've got to sort it by "% CPU" by clicking on that header. If the zeros sort to the top, click it again. Look at the top item for something using a majority of the CPU.

river deep, mountain lion slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.