Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't rearrange items in dock

This seems not to be possible in Mountain Lion. Has anyone found a solution?

MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 10:57 PM

In case it's useful to someone else, I had this problem and found no solution that worked for me here or on other forums. I found that with the dock set on the smallest size and magnification enabled I could not move or rearrange the icons in the dock. By increasing the size of the dock I can arrange the icons as desired and then reduce the size of the dock and continue to work as normal.

This would be a good bug for Apple to fix...running 10.8.2 2.3gHz Core i7 15" mbp.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2012 10:57 PM in response to attima

In case it's useful to someone else, I had this problem and found no solution that worked for me here or on other forums. I found that with the dock set on the smallest size and magnification enabled I could not move or rearrange the icons in the dock. By increasing the size of the dock I can arrange the icons as desired and then reduce the size of the dock and continue to work as normal.

This would be a good bug for Apple to fix...running 10.8.2 2.3gHz Core i7 15" mbp.

Can't rearrange items in dock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.