Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I repeat Podcasts on iPhone? Here's the answer

Not having a repeat button really bugged me as I use Podcasts to learn languages and for this a repeat function is a necessity.

I finally worked out, that you have to make a PLAYLIST of your podcasts in iTunes and revert them to an AAC Version, then select this

playlist for syncing to your iphone or select "Recently Added" smart playlist.

here's what to do:

1. Create a new playlist folder by clicking onto the + button at bottom of iTunes library (left and bottom of window)

2. Go to your podcasts and highlight, copy and drag files to this new playlist.

3. Highlight all files that you want to listen to on your iphone AND right click.

4. A menu will pop up...scroll down to "Create AAC Version". A beep tone will sound when this is done.

5. Sync- make sure you've ticked the playlist OR ticked the "Recently added" smart playlist box before syncing.

When you want to listen to these podcasts, go to Music and choose "Album"

Your podcasts will be named by the whoever made them. Click onto the name. (or you can insert artwork for visuals)

Click onto a podcast- you will see BOTH repeat and shuffle icons.

Enjoy 🙂

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 12:53 PM

1 reply

May 24, 2015 1:31 PM in response to Kati1

No Offense Katil, but i dont trust what anyone says when the say the words "tick" in terms of clicking on something or making sure an object is checked. I found a little bit of an easier way to do this in the newer version of iTunes 12. Let's get started.

So if you afre reading this you are trying to make your podcasts repeat rather than going in and continuously clicking on the podcast and making them play each time. Tedious work ESPECIALLY when learning a language. Here are the steps in proper order:

1: Open up iTunes and go to the iTunes store on the top and find your Podcast station.

2: When you have found your station download all the Podcasts that you want to have on repeat.

3: Once they are all downloaded, Click on the music icon on the top left and then click on Playlists on the top in the middle.

4: After having clicked on playlist, on the left side towards the bottom there is a "+" icon, click it and then click on "Create Smart Playlists"

5: When you click on smart playlist you get another box that gives you choices on the search criteria. Yours should look something like this "Artist| Contains | "name of the artist here" Then click "ok" (If it helps you, you can continue to refine the search by adding more restrictions to make things a little easier to find.

6: IF done properly, only the podcast stations and artists that you want on repeat will show up in your newly create playlist. The next step that you want to do is to then highlight all the songs in the newly created playlist and then after they are all highlighted to then right click on the songs and then click on "Create AAC Version"

7: After you create the AAC Version of all the songs, which depending on the amount could take a few minutes, You will then want to refine the search again in your smart playlist. To do so you will right click on the Smart playlist name and then click on "Edit Smart playlist" your restrictions will remain the same but what you will do is click on the "+" icon on the right to add another restriction that looks something like this "Media Kind| Is | Music" That will then remove the podcast versions and leave only the AAC versions of the songs you had just created.

8: After you only have the AAC versions of the songs you will then highlight all of those songs and then when they are highlighted, go back to the bottom left and click on the "+" icon again and then this time choose the option to "Create playlist from selected". Your new playlist that you created using the selected is now a playlist of only audio files instead of podcast that can be put on repeat.

9: Plug your iPod, iPad, or iPhone in now.

10: Once the device is plugged in, go back to playlists again if your not still there and then you want to simply drag and drop the AAC Version of your playlist into your device. This process can also take a few minutes.

11: When the moving process is completed you will then be able to locate the AAC Versions of the Podcast under your Music app on your device and you can then start to use the repeat functions as you wish just like you normally would for any other music file on that device.

P.S: I realize the instructions are a bit long but there are EXACTLY what you need to do to make things quick and easy for you for this process. All the other stuff i found online regarding this topic is not the greatest. I hope you all enjoy and good luck! 🙂

iPhone 5c, Version 8.3

How can I repeat Podcasts on iPhone? Here's the answer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.