Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to send outgoing mail with my hotmail account.

My SMTP settings are accurate, and I have contacted my ISP and they are not blocking any ports. Any other ideas what I'm doing wrong? I've spent weeks trying to solve this mystery. I'm receiving emails, but I cannot send. I have quadrouple checked that my address and password are correct. It seems I have tried every combination suggested on every site on the web, but cannot figure out how to send hotmail messages through my apple mail. HELP!!!

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 1:23 PM

4 replies

Jul 26, 2012 3:18 PM in response to Ernie Stamper

I think I just figured it out.... after MONTHS of trying. I just setup apple mail on my mom's older imac and it worked like a charm. When I view the connection activity window, there's this one line that pops up inlcuding "Null River MediaLink." This is some software installed on my computer that allows my PS3 to communicate with my imac. I haven't completely solved the riddle yet, however I think it may have something to do with this software. I'm going to deactiviate the MediaLink software, and see if that is what's interfering with mail's ability to sent mail. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks my friend,

Matt

I am unable to send outgoing mail with my hotmail account.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.