Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some animation transitions are really slow

I'm havin trouble with some animation transitions like in calendar when turning pages in fullscreen and windowed modes, this one is terribly slow. When swapping between fullscreen apps sometimes lags as well as in mission control and I'm not even running too many apps, just iTunes, Safari and Mail. Notes is lagging too when in fullscreen.

I have a Mid 2010, 27" iMac with Core i5 2.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Radeon HD 5750 1024 MB. I don't think this is a "slow" configuration, this shouldn't be happening.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 2:18 PM

18 replies

Jul 26, 2012 7:05 PM in response to GAB181

I'm having exactly the same problems on my MacBook Air, late 2011 (A1369 model) with Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Animations are really laggy.

I noticed lag in almost all UI animations: new share feature, safari show all tabs gesture, show desktop, switching spaces/fullscreen apps, opening mission control/expose, minimize/restore app, zooming screen using ctrl+scroll up/down etc...

Animation in Lion on the same machine were normal.

Jul 27, 2012 4:57 AM in response to GAB181

Exact same problem for me, 2012 MacBook Air 13" i7. Perfectly fluid under Lion.

This is very annoying, especially as Apple are advertising Mountain Lion as having gestures and animations that "look more natural and fluid".

There's another thread about this issue here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4141958?answerId=19047393022#19047393022&tstart=0#19047393?tstart=0

Sep 14, 2018 1:08 PM in response to GAB181

Try go to 'System Preferences' app, then to 'Sharing'; disable the option 'Screen Sharing'. Make sure its status turns to off. Restart your machine, and you have everything back to normal.

Aug 2, 2013 12:20 AM in response to GAB181

This solved it for me:

1. Open Disk Utility

2. Click "Repair Disk Permissions"

3. Restart

4. Download the trial of AutoCAD 2011 or above and run it **

5. Close it.

6. fixed

** I imagine this is due to AutoCAD using some libraries that triggers the fix. I'm not sure what they are, they may be triggered by opening Photoshop CS5 and creating a 3D layer, or maybe launching a game, all I know is that AutoCAD definitely worked.

(I got this solution off another website, but it works.)

Some animation transitions are really slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.