Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't update with these software ARD 3.5

After a ARD client update my ARD Admin 3.5 does not open, I download the ARD update 3.6 but it says "Can't find Apple Remote Desktop"

Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 3:40 PM

5 replies

Jul 27, 2012 6:03 AM in response to tekcontrol

Just double-checking here, but is your version of Remote Destop.app the retail box version that requires a serial number for activation or is it from the Mac App Store?

It won't matter from which directory you open the install package from. It only matters that Remote Desktop.app is in /Applications (and not an Applications folder in your home directory).

Aug 1, 2012 12:43 PM in response to tekcontrol

I had the same problem and found this discussion. I had downloaded the 3.6 update, and the installer couldn't find ARD anywhere I put it.

The problem seems to be that the 3.6 updater is only able to locate version 3.5.2 of ARD. I was running 3.5.1.

Check your ARD version and, if necessary, run the 3.5.2 updater first.

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1548

I can't update with these software ARD 3.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.