Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which images are allowed to use in an app ?

I am making an app for iphone and I am the desingning stage.So I begin to design the logo and some backround pictures but I am stuck rightnow.Are there any rules for using pictures in an app?I mean which type of pictures I can use ? Am I allowed to create desings from photos I found internet(the ones without copyright).Do I have to draw all the pictures I use ?.Is ther eany faq or information page on the internet about this subject ?

Thanks.

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 4:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 4:56 PM

Your Developer Agreement clearly states that you are expected to have evidence of proof-of-rights-to-use for all assets/resources used in an app, should Apple ask.

Music, images, video, writings, quotes, etc.

The 'net is loaded with discussions and info on digital rights management. A good copyright lawyer will help sort things out for you if you need to go that far.

Ken

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2012 4:56 PM in response to fizy45

Your Developer Agreement clearly states that you are expected to have evidence of proof-of-rights-to-use for all assets/resources used in an app, should Apple ask.

Music, images, video, writings, quotes, etc.

The 'net is loaded with discussions and info on digital rights management. A good copyright lawyer will help sort things out for you if you need to go that far.

Ken

Jul 26, 2012 5:46 PM in response to fizy45

There are no developer facing license requirements for use of standard fonts included w/iOS.

I don't see Comic Sans Arial in that group.

It doesn't matter how you display a font when it comes to being licensed to use it on the device, so you are not free to use it if it is copyrighted by someone.

Ken

Which images are allowed to use in an app ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.