Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sometimes have to click links twice in Safari to load a webpage

Does anyone else have an issue where you have to click links more than once to get them to open a page? What happens is I will click on a link in Safari and it will start opening a new page and then stop. It even happens with links in the Bookmarks Bar. Then if I click the link again it will go through. Any solutions to this?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 5:14 PM

9 replies

Jul 30, 2017 12:45 AM in response to Barry Hemphill

I've double and triple checked the response times for sites that "hang", using both Firefox and Chrome. Both browsers open the sites flawlessly every time. I've also tried manually setting my DNS entries to Google or OpenDNS in case my ISP's domain name resolution was the culprit. The behavior was still the same and was strictly limited to Safari.
<Edited by Host>

Jul 20, 2014 1:54 PM in response to ToooGQForYou

I have this same problem, it just started a couple of weeks ago and now the majority of sites I visit require the double click. It doesn't matter whether they are in my favourites, returned from a search, or entered in the URL search box on Safari. It's really frustrating as I don't have the problem on my iphone for example if I click simultaneously on the link in favourites on my iPhone and my Mac - it's only a problem on the Mac.

Has anyone solved this?

Sometimes have to click links twice in Safari to load a webpage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.