Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect to a Windows 7 File System from Mountain Lion

I am wondering how to connect via Finder to Windows 7 hard drives.

MacBook (13-inch Late 2009), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 6:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 7:45 PM

While we all have MacBooks in this forum most of us don’t run Mountain Lion. There's a Mountain Lion Support Community where everybody has Mountain Lion. You should also post this question there to increase your chances of getting an answer. https://discussions.apple.com/community/mac_os/os_x_mountain_lion

2 replies

Aug 11, 2012 3:08 AM in response to macman965

I have Mountain Lion and I have been able to connect to a Windows laptop on my home network.

Go to 'Go' in Finder and select 'Connect to Server'. Put in the server address as smb://[ip address] / [server machine name]

You will find the ip address by running 'ipconfig' in the CMD application on your Windows 7 machine. You will find the server name also in Windows under System in Control Panel. Good luck - it works but it is temperamental sometimes I have found and reboots on either machine often help !!!!

How do I connect to a Windows 7 File System from Mountain Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.