Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV , iPad and iPod cannot connect to internet with Mtn Lion?

I am very glad that I backed up my system using Lion. When I updgraded to Mtn Lion, my ATV3, iPad and iPod no longer could connect to the internet through my desktop. ATV3 says that it can communicate with my computer, but cannot connect to the internet. My Ipad 3rd generation connects to my desktop, but cannot connect to the app store, nor can safari connect ... any internet app on the iPad cannot connect throught the Mtn Lion platform. I restarted my computer from my backup disk with the Lion OS and everything works like it did before: ATV3 is streaming, home sharing in iTunes works and iPad is up and running.

I do not have a clue to what to do under these circumstances. I can only conclude at this time that the Mtn Lion OS is not operating as advertised. Except for this issue, which is a major one, the new OS has its advantages, but if my other devices cannot connect to the net using this platform it is of limited value. Any ideas or help with how to proceed or "next steps" to resolve these problems is appreciated. In the mean time. I will use my backup disk so life can go on as normal.

iMac (20-inch, Early 2008), Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8335, Penryn processor model, 2.66 GHz, 4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 8:28 PM

1 reply

Apple TV , iPad and iPod cannot connect to internet with Mtn Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.