Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone have a color changing problem about internal-external graphic card switching?

Hello, I'm using 2010 Macbook pro 15 inch with gforce 330m.

I upgraded to Mt.Lion yesterday and I found one problem about graphic card.

When I turn on iPhoto, suddenly my screen color becomes little bit blue and bright, and after turn off, it's back.

That happens every program which needs using external graphic card, like iMovie or Photo booth.

I reinstalled Mt.Lion again but still that problem happened.

So now I turn off the automatic graphic switching feature, so there is no color change anymore.

I think this is kind of bug... Does anyone have same problem?

OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 8:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 12:11 AM

I've noticed the same issue. It's a bit troubling, but I'm sure it's a "launch bug" that'll be fixed. God knows the design community will be up in arms about it, but they're not typically early adopters of Apple's software. They'll wait for 10.8.1 in a week or so. ;-)

Here's an example of what we're talking about.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2012 12:11 AM in response to ustinovahn

I've noticed the same issue. It's a bit troubling, but I'm sure it's a "launch bug" that'll be fixed. God knows the design community will be up in arms about it, but they're not typically early adopters of Apple's software. They'll wait for 10.8.1 in a week or so. ;-)

Here's an example of what we're talking about.

Aug 3, 2012 1:08 PM in response to ustinovahn

This is a fix that I heard about that WORKED! Well temporarly considering it just happened to me again. Go to system preferences, then energy saver. Uncheck automatic graphics switching and then restart your computer. Once your computer restarts you can check the box again. Test it out and open up iphoto, imovie, etc. I am sure it is a bug that they will fix soon. I am on Early 2011 MBP running 10.8.

Aug 6, 2012 7:35 AM in response to JStulbaum

Turning "Automatic Graphics Switching" off does not solve the problem, as all colors are washed out permanently as well as battery life takes a hit (external graphics take significantly more power to run, shortening ~6 hours to 2 hours). While the color change is visually disruptive, there are no other significant problems to report of than color temp differences.

Does anyone have a color changing problem about internal-external graphic card switching?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.