10 Replies Latest reply: Aug 31, 2013 7:01 PM by Lucio Cervantes
calliemcdonald Level 1 Level 1

I do not like this layout AT ALL. I like my search bar and the address bar separate and I hate how wide the tabs are at the top. If theres anyway to undo the update, it would be much appreciated... although you probably cant..

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.4)
Solved by Carolyn Samit on Jul 26, 2012 11:29 PM Solved

Sorry Callie but once you have the software installed, it's not possible to revert.

However, if you'd like to take a minute and provide feedback to Apple, you can  >  Apple - Safari - Feedback

You're not alone. Check out, "More Like This" right side of this window.

• Carolyn Samit Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.safari
    Safari

Sorry Callie but once you have the software installed, it's not possible to revert.

However, if you'd like to take a minute and provide feedback to Apple, you can  >  Apple - Safari - Feedback

You're not alone. Check out, "More Like This" right side of this window.

• calliemcdonald Level 1 Level 1

I figured just as well. I really do hope they do something to fix this, as nobody seems to like it. I, myself have switched to Google Chrome, and although it's going to take some getting used to, it's better than Safari right now.

• APrater Level 1 Level 1

I agree, the long Tabs in Safari 6.0 suck. I will continue using Lion with Safari 5.1.7 until they get Safari 6.0 resolved....

• bbfc Level 3 Level 3

Chrome uses a combined search/address bar too.

• dalstott Level 4 Level 4

If you have a Time Machine or bootable clone backup of your Mac that was performed prior to updating to Safari 6 then you can revert to the safari 5.x state. If you do not have this kind of backup then consider doing so for future problem solving.

• joshTheGreenDragon Level 1 Level 1

It seems Safari 6 has also turned off color management for html/css defined colors. To illustrate this problem I have attached a screen shot.

On the left side you see a div with background-color: rgb(150,195,30) set in css and on the right side you can see another div with background-image: url(…) set to a jpeg image with an identical color fill and embedded sRGB profile. What happens is, that Safari 6 takes the CSS value and applies the monitor profile, but honors the sRGB profile of the background image and converts it to the monitor color space. This behavior is really annoying because CSS defined colors will look differently even on calibrated screens.

safari6_colormanagement_issue.jpg

• Thronborg Level 1 Level 1

I agree with Callei.

What happend to you Apple guys? Why touch things that working. Its very said if Apple do changes just because they want, not because someone need it.

Why take away the search bar?

And Safari is so slow so its actually *****.

Tb

• puppet714 Level 1 Level 1

well you could also sell your ipod and buy a new one LOL

• Lucio Cervantes Level 1 Level 1

I was able to restore Safari 5.1.9 from my Time Machine backup, but the application no longer works in my new Mountain Lion O.S.  I can launch Safari 5.1.9, but it won't open any windows, and if I choose a web page from my history menu, it crashes Safari 5.1.9.  It appears that Safari 5.1.9 is married to pre-Mountain Lion operating systems.

• Lucio Cervantes Level 1 Level 1

I too hate the changes in Safari 6.0 

And yes, I did leave feedback for Apple.