Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows Keyboard Mac

When I first purchased my Mid-2011 27" iMac, I connected my Windows Keyboard (Razer Lycosa) to it. It didn't recognize the keyboard at first in Snow Leopard. So it asked me to press the corresponding keys displayed on the screen. After that, the keyboard was recognized and the Windows Key was mapped as the Command key for the Mac side. The keyboard worked flawlessly even when I installed boot camp. The Windows Key worked as the start button in Windows 7 and hte Command key on the Mac side with no setting changed on my end (or software tampering). Even after the install of Lion, I was able to use the Windows key as the Command key on the Mac side.

Now a little while ago, I went on the Windows side, did a couple of updates and played some DirectX required games and now the Windows key no longer functions on either side. It won't open up the start menu on the PC side and it won't work on the OS X side as the Command. I have had to remap the ALT key to work temporarily, but I was wondering if there is anything you guys would know of that I could perhaps "uninstall the Keyboard on the OS X side as there is no "driver" that I can determine to be installed.

I was kind of hoping the installation of Mountain Lion would fix this problem, but, alas, it didn't. I have, also, made sure that the Windows key is still funcitonal by plugging it into another computer for troubleshooting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion, Boot Camp w/ Windows 7

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 10:29 PM

There are no replies.

Windows Keyboard Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.