Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio stutters on 2011 27" iMac with Mountain Lion.

So I have just installed ML on my 27" iMac, every audios I play, either with iTunes, quicktime, youtube or what ever else, I get random audio stutters. I rolled back to Lion, the problem dissapears. Anyone elses experiencing this?

On the on hand side, my late 2011 Mac Air has no such problem with Mountain lion.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 11:10 PM

10 replies

Oct 2, 2012 2:54 PM in response to sixfour

Same situation here. I have the 27" iMac from a few years ago with 16 GB and i7 Core. As soon as Mountain Lion was installed, all music occassionally stutters with a "blip" or two every few minutes - iTunes and Pandora both do it. I'm even connected by ethernet so I'm not even using WiFi. Just chiming in to add to the list of people with this problem so hopefully Apple will address it with an update.

Oct 13, 2012 12:53 AM in response to sixfour

this is issue is in other threads and has been going on since ml appeared. incredible its not fixed. come on apple! we are proffessionals using your machines because they are the best. Its not hardwre its ML . Though everything works fine on lion it was a big job to set everything up again for that, lots of software needed moving and at times reinstalling. a time waste. its a time waste everytime i have to switch back to lion too. Please test it on a 27"imac i7 . you will see. Ive no experience of other macs but i hear its affecting a good few models in the same way. irregular gnarly sound.

Audio stutters on 2011 27" iMac with Mountain Lion.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.