Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mountain Lion won't download

Hi guys and gals,

Purchased Mountain Lion this morning and upon login the £13.99 charge has been taken.

However, the **** thing won't download via the App Store. Have tried rebooting and clicking and whilst it isn't charging me again, as it knows I've clearly paid, there's no way of getting the actual software.

Anyone know how I can get hold of it once you've paid if it won't download?

lm2

(made the same mistake with Lion which crashed my machine the first few days, when will I learn...)

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 11:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 12:05 AM

Check your bank statement to make sure you weren't charged twice.

If you have anti virus software installed, disable that before trying to download apps from the App Store.

And turn off the Firewall in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall

With the App Store open, from the menu bar top of your screen click Store > Check for Unfinished Downloads

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2012 12:05 AM in response to londonman2

Check your bank statement to make sure you weren't charged twice.

If you have anti virus software installed, disable that before trying to download apps from the App Store.

And turn off the Firewall in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall

With the App Store open, from the menu bar top of your screen click Store > Check for Unfinished Downloads

Jul 27, 2012 12:10 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Hi Carolyn,

It says 'All purchases have been downloaded for this account'.

I've just tried disabling the firewall too to download it but it just does not respond when I click 'download'.

It's a crying shame that each time you go to 'upgrade' the system software with Apple it's a disaster and I should know better NOT to do for a few weeks or months.

I've already had mails from friends this morning saying they've got problems with redemptions codes and the like, mine is very simple, I've paid for it and it won't download.

lm2

Jul 27, 2012 2:21 AM in response to londonman2

Try it this way ...

How to re download apps from the Mac App Store:

Open the App Store. From the menu bar click Store > Sign In

Click Purchases from the top of the App Store window.

Select Mountain Lion. Then right or control click where you see Installed then click Install.

Make sure and use the same Apple ID used for the original purchase.

Mountain Lion won't download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.