Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Operation can't be completed (trash)

Google Chrome app crashed. I trashed the app, but trash won't empty because the item "Google Chrome is in use". I've successfully trashed several Chrome prefs trying to get this to empty, but it continues to stay "in use". Trash indicates the size of the Google Chrome app is only 278 bytes, but won't empty.

Anyone have any ideas how to get rid of this?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion, late 2007 model

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 1:06 AM

8 replies

Jul 27, 2012 2:26 AM in response to cydcharisse

When Google chrome crashed, and then you trashed it, it would seem there were still one or more components loaded and operating. This appears to be the obstacle.

What this component is, I have no idea. I would search Activity Monitor, for Google Chrome processes in order to stop the process but from where I am sitting I have no idea what I'd be looking for. It may not be called Google, which makes this approach tricky. Trash the wrong thing there and you could crash your Mac.

Another approach, is to reinstall Google Chrome, and then uninstall it. That may unload any wayward extension normally, and allow a normal removal from the trash.

Operation can't be completed (trash)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.