Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Game Center and iCloud server issues

Hi there,

After having installed Mountain Lion just a few hours ago, I seem to have trouble with iCloud.

• The Game Center app will not let me log in, stating "Could not connect to Game Center server"
  • Back to my Mac in the iCloud settings panel will not let me log in either, stating: "iCloud server not responding"
  • Messages will not accept my iMessage account either - stating: "Could not log in. Please check your network connection and try again."
  • iTunes has no problems logging in to the iTunes Store etc.
  • the mac App Store seems to work fine logged in as well.

I have tried the other fixes people have suggested here already -

• reverting the hosts file to its default state and flushing the dns
  • repairing disk permissions via disk utility
  • deleting a few keychain entries regarding back to my mac.

there are other entries in the keychain app that are appleid related, can this be the issue?

Any thoughts are much appreciated!

-Henrik

MacBook Air (11-INCH, MID 2011), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 2:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 6:11 AM

I have closer to a solution.

I managed to via the Keychain app delete all entries that contained apple ID related stuff. After that and restarting, I had to re-signin to the system prefs icloud page. When I did that, the Back To My Mac thing logged in fine. Hence also the Messages app. They are all working now.

I still have a problem signing in to Game Center though - still says the same thing - "Could not connect to Game Center server".

Help needed on that one...

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2012 6:11 AM in response to henkisdabro

I have closer to a solution.

I managed to via the Keychain app delete all entries that contained apple ID related stuff. After that and restarting, I had to re-signin to the system prefs icloud page. When I did that, the Back To My Mac thing logged in fine. Hence also the Messages app. They are all working now.

I still have a problem signing in to Game Center though - still says the same thing - "Could not connect to Game Center server".

Help needed on that one...

Jul 27, 2012 8:17 AM in response to henkisdabro

Glad to hear you sorted the Messages issue.

On the Games Center front I launched it and could Login (I had never done it before) and it worked OK

Leaves me with little to help you with though.

User uploaded file
4:17 PM Friday; July 27, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Lion 10.7.2)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

Jul 28, 2012 1:49 PM in response to henkisdabro

Good to hear.

User uploaded file
9:49 PM Saturday; July 28, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Lion 10.7.2)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

Game Center and iCloud server issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.