Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac app store shows random apps with random emails.

I decided to upgrade from Lion to mountain lion, and guess what, I found a mysterious app that I had never downloaded. I wanted to have both snow leopard and mountain lion, so I created a new partition. I installed mountain lion, and It told me 33 mins remaining. 20 mins later, it said -2 minutes later, then it switched to 19 minutes remaining. Im on a macbook pro late 2007 edition with NO PIRATED APPS. Just wanted to make that clear. I only have a monster ate my homework and microsoft office 2007 which I dragged and dropped from snow leopard to mountain lion. I used to have a problem with angry birds, asdfff2011@mail.ru or something like that. Now I have codebox by heinisf@me.com. This has not occured only to me, but to at least 100 other people. I do not have motion 5 or Final cut pro x, as those seem to affect others.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 1:43 AM

2 replies

Aug 10, 2012 9:49 PM in response to BrandonLian

I had the same problem with the -2 minutes remaining, then it went back to 20 minutes.

The problem of that is because it takes time to complete downloading itself into your system, and it needs more time than listed. Hey, no one can predict the future.

I have a mid-2012 macbook pro (new ^_^) and I had that same problem. I don't have motion 5 or final cut pro x either, you don't have to worry after you finish downloading your mountain lion. I found it laggy at start of my download, because I just updated my system (of course it will be laggy).

Don't worry about your mac. You have a 2007 mac anyway, it might be kind of glitchy because of it being 5 years, somewhat outdated.

Mac app store shows random apps with random emails.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.