Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to download extra content in GarageBand '11?

Hey,

After clean installation of ML i'd like to download additional instrument for GB '11. When I'm pressing grey arrow in GB it takes me to the MAS update tab and said: "No updates available". I installed GB from iLife '11 DVD.

GarageBand (Mac) '11, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 1:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 2:24 AM

Try to update the iLife '11 version from your DVD with the installer from the Apple support page to the current version

GarageBand 6.0.5

and then again try to download the missing instruments. Mountain Lion treats the retail iLife software differently from the MAS-versions, so you cannot upgrade them from the App Store any longer.

Please let us know, if the installer from the Support page still works.

Regards

Léonie

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2012 2:24 AM in response to Błażej

Try to update the iLife '11 version from your DVD with the installer from the Apple support page to the current version

GarageBand 6.0.5

and then again try to download the missing instruments. Mountain Lion treats the retail iLife software differently from the MAS-versions, so you cannot upgrade them from the App Store any longer.

Please let us know, if the installer from the Support page still works.

Regards

Léonie

Jul 30, 2012 12:23 AM in response to shayan-

Just update the software with the standalone update for GB.

Here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1507?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

No need to uninstall anything. Simply download it, and install it over the top of the current GB version, even if it is already 6.0.5. Once installed, open GB, set up a new song, click on the loop downoad icon, and fingers crossed it should work. Don't open anything else inbetween. I know that it can be a little hit and miss, if you do.

It took a few attempts for me, but it worked first time for my partner...???

Message was edited by: RáNdÓm GéÉzÁ

Jul 30, 2012 9:10 AM in response to shayan-

Shayan,

you already did accept the iLife Applications in the AppStore to your Apple ID, didn't you? If not, go to the "Purchases" tab after signing into the AppStore with your Apple ID and accept them.

Then try again to download the additional content.

If the AppStore signals that there is no additional content, the problem may be, that it already did download, but you need to rebuild the loop index.

See the FAQ:

Rebuilding the Loop Index in GarageBand

Regards

Léonie

Oct 2, 2012 8:27 AM in response to RáNdÓm GéÉzÁ

RáNdÓm GéÉzÁ wrote:

Just update the software with the standalone update for GB.

Here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1507?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

No need to uninstall anything. Simply download it, and install it over the top of the current GB version, even if it is already 6.0.5. Once installed, open GB, set up a new song, click on the loop downoad icon, and fingers crossed it should work. Don't open anything else inbetween. I know that it can be a little hit and miss, if you do.

It took a few attempts for me, but it worked first time for my partner...???

Message was edited by: RáNdÓm GéÉzÁ

This worked for me. Thanks for clarifying the procedure!

I already had the latest version of GB but after downloading and manually running the update, Apple Loops 1.0 finally appeared in App Store Updates.

Jan 30, 2013 1:47 PM in response to RáNdÓm GéÉzÁ

I did as you said many times before but for manual update it said this version should be updated from the appstore, but I tried " open GB, set up a new song, click on the loop dowload (I actually clicked the gray arrow on the rigth of Grand Piano On Stage)" and CROSSED MY FINGERS....İt happaned 🙂, I tried before many times without crossing fingers...The clue is to cross them...:)

How to download extra content in GarageBand '11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.