Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Network Drives not waking with computer from sleep after ML install(Wired connection)

Since installing mountain lion my network drives do not wake with the computer. The drive folders for them are not on the desktop. I have to go through my shared directory and click on the drives again for them to appear back on the main screen.

Any ideas?

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 3:13 AM

14 replies

Jul 31, 2012 1:01 AM in response to DennisNY

I have exactly the same issue: Waking up my iMac from sleep results in no longer mounted network volumes.

One thing I notices in addition, which might belong to this behaviour: I have a multi users on my Mac. When having network volumes mounted and I switch to a different user they get unmounted. On Lion this was different. The other user still had the volumes mounted on his desktop, but was not able to access them. Having no access could also come from being in a "normal" user group instead of "admin"...

Aug 3, 2012 6:06 AM in response to DennisNY

I am also having this issue, it is so Irratating since 90% of what I work on is on one of 5 netowrk drives. This was never an issue in Leopard or Lion, what has changed. Come on Apple lets get this fixed.

I will never keep my Mac from going to sleep or "locking it" before i leave my office, who wants to leave their projects open for the cleaning lady to play with.

Network Drives not waking with computer from sleep after ML install(Wired connection)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.