Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

notification centre is not working on mountain lion

Hey Guys,

my notification center does not work.
Only new items will be displayed there.
I have already restarted the Macbook and do a reset

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 2:32 AM

11 replies

Jul 27, 2012 3:09 AM in response to VeryIP

I'm also having this issue. I use Google Calendars to sync multiple calendars to the Mac Calendar app, when I first installed ML, all of the events from calendars that I listed in Delegation would show up in Notifications, but not events from my main Google calendar. Now, even those have disappeared from Notification Center. Works fine though on my iPhone and iPad.

Jul 27, 2012 10:10 AM in response to VeryIP

HI,

Have you selected which apps it will work with ?

Are those App open ?

I have seen in one post that someone managed to find a way to get for the Mail to List Alerts when Mail was Off line but others like Messages need to be On line.

User uploaded file
6:10 PM Friday; July 27, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Lion 10.7.2)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

Jul 28, 2012 3:35 AM in response to Arlo Sagittarius

my wife has a yahoo Email when she tries to send me a email it doesn't pop up as a notification. I have tried this with Gmail Yahoo and it doesn't work. I know this because I had them in my iPhone and I have tried sending. Them myself a email. my wife as an iCloud account and I also have an iCloud account. when she sends me a email with her iCloud account it pops up. When I send myself a email with my iCloud account it doesn't pop up. can someone help please. is it a bug.

Aug 4, 2012 1:23 PM in response to tamalm

Hi,

I think some of this will be about what people expect and want compared to the way other people would want it to work.

I only open Mail when I will be dealing with emails.

I can't see that I would want constant badgering that new emails were arriving. To me that seems pointless.

User uploaded file
9:22 PM Saturday; August 4, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Lion 10.7.2)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

Aug 4, 2012 11:38 PM in response to Ralph-Johns-UK

I only open Mail when I will be dealing with emails.

I can't see that I would want constant badgering that new emails were arriving. To me that seems pointless.

Maybe, you don't need "push email" support but I do. All my iOS and Android devices supports push emails and alerts me as soon as new emails hit my mail box. M'Lion NC is suppose to work like that. In fact, Apple is advertising it like that. Right now it's bug in OS X 10.8 and Apple will fix it.

notification centre is not working on mountain lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.