Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari takes a long pause when loading web pages

Just finished upgrading. Everything seems to work all except Safari which takes ages to load web pages. It starts and finds the page, the blue bar starts to increse then it just pauses for ages ...............

MacBook Air (11-inch Late 2010), Mac OS X (10.0.x)

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 3:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2017 7:37 AM

I tried different DNS, etc, and yet Chrome, Firefox still had no pause and Safari was slower and paused. I played with extensions, preferences one at a time a and turned out to be Include Safari Suggestions in Preferences/Search, I unchecked it and Safari has been much more responsive and no long pauses.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2017 7:37 AM in response to SnapOn

I tried different DNS, etc, and yet Chrome, Firefox still had no pause and Safari was slower and paused. I played with extensions, preferences one at a time a and turned out to be Include Safari Suggestions in Preferences/Search, I unchecked it and Safari has been much more responsive and no long pauses.

Jul 27, 2012 3:40 AM in response to SnapOn

Try a different DNS server such as OpenDNS ...

Quit Safari.

Open System Preferences / Preferences then select the Network tab. Click the Advanced tab then click the DNS tab.

Click +

Enter these addresses exactly as you see them here.

Click +

Then click OK.

Relaunch Safari.

Apple suggests using OpenDNS here > Safari 5.0.1 or later: Slow or partial webpage loading, or webpage cannot be found

safari takes a long pause when loading web pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.