Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I downloaded Mountain Lion last night and yet "DOWNLOAD" is still showing in my App store purchase list?

Should I just download Mountain Lion again? Or wait as there has been no invoice notification!!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), New to Apple at 60+

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 4:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 5:04 AM

Leave it as such. You can download again to additional Macs if you have.

http://osxdaily.com/2012/07/26/redownload-os-x-mountain-lion-mac-app-store/

Best.

4 replies

Jul 27, 2012 2:55 PM in response to circulair

What you want to make is a Mountain Lion Install USB thumb drive. That takes a file from the download and creates a USB stick that has all the Mountial Lion install files on it so you would NEVER have to download Mountain Lion again from the Apple servers. That is if you ever want to reinstall ML on your computer. Which is what you'll have to do if the hard drive fails.

You can also use it as a Boot device to run Disk Utility to correct disk problems or restore from a Time Machine backup or even just browse the net with Safari.

I have one for Lion and now one for Mountain Lion. Wouldn't be without them. I'm not really a fan of having to download a 3.5 or 4.7 GB file from the internet just to reinstall the OS. And what happens if you have no internet connection and you have to reinstall the OS. No internet mean no reinstall means no computer.

I downloaded Mountain Lion last night and yet "DOWNLOAD" is still showing in my App store purchase list?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.