Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello, I cant install Mac OS X because mac doesn't see the hard drive partition.

Hello.

I bought the Mountain Lion, but previously I hadn't bought the Lion. After purchasing i formatted all hard drive tto be sure that I will install new OS on 'clear' Mac. When I was trying to install Lion I recieved the error message that said that there is no such purchase was made under this apple iD. As I thought - I will get Lion after purchasing Mountain Lion automaticly. As for now, only disk utility sees my hard drive partition, but not mac. When I'm holding Opt button while mac is loading, only Lion DVD is displaying in boot devices and when I'm trying to install Mac from it, it allways leads me to Mac OS X Utility Menu. I tried to recover from internet by holding CMD+R but after some files loading, it leads me to Mac OS X Utility Menu again.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 6:29 AM

There are no replies.

Hello, I cant install Mac OS X because mac doesn't see the hard drive partition.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.