Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"show remote management status in menu bar" no longer works.

After the latest remote desktop updated "show remote management status in menu bar" no longer works. When I check the box for "show remote management status in menu bar" in system preferences, it will not show in the menu bar, going back to system preferences the box shows up as unchecked.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 8:03 AM

9 replies

Aug 9, 2012 11:15 AM in response to iMattPro

I'm having the same issue with a new Mac desktop running OS 10.7.4 and ARD 3.6. Although I have 5 machines with the exact same configuration, and one machine is working properly, but the other 4 are not. I've tried trashing the plist file and replacing it with the one from the machine that is working properly, but that had no effect. It's really odd.

Aug 22, 2012 4:40 PM in response to iMattPro

Hi,

Thought I would chime in...

I am having the same issue. I am running 10.7.4 and I have two other Macs, 10.5.8, and 10.6.8 If I screen share out to the other, older Macs, they both show the screen share binocular icon. If I share from either older Mac to the 10.7.4 Mac, I cannot see that anyone is screen sharing with me. I too tried to select the box you are referring to in sys prefs.sharing.remote management and am unable to do so.

I have a hunch this issue may have been during updates as I seem to recall the icon always showing up but would not now swear to it.

As a result, I have spent hours trying to find a simple way to simply see if any computers are connected to me, or "disconnect all" or ??? I do not like the feeling that someone could be viewing my screen unbeknownst to me, and don't feel like fooling with terminal or, for that matter, anything more involved than seeing an icon in my menu bar!

KC

"show remote management status in menu bar" no longer works.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.