Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder?

After installing Mountain Lion I no longer see the Mac HD in Finder. All that displays are the files/directorys a "user" would see. No Libraries, etc. are shown. I am the sole user and the admin. This does't seem right but I'm fairly non-technical so I don't know to interpret it. In the past I have needed access to the missing directories to deal with color profiles for printing.

After 24 hours with this OS I'm thinking a return to the older one is in order. Is that possible?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 8:52 AM

There aren't any missing folders. Apple may have (finally!) removed the "Macintosh HD" from the Desktop as people would routinely use it as a place to drop all their files which would then disappear. You can use Finder>Preferences to tell it which items should appear in the Sidebar of every Finder window, then select whatever you want. In the sidebar, your computer's hard disk will appear under "Devices".

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2012 8:52 AM in response to Gryphon11

There aren't any missing folders. Apple may have (finally!) removed the "Macintosh HD" from the Desktop as people would routinely use it as a place to drop all their files which would then disappear. You can use Finder>Preferences to tell it which items should appear in the Sidebar of every Finder window, then select whatever you want. In the sidebar, your computer's hard disk will appear under "Devices".

Finder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.