Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mountain Lion notifications showing up in duplicates (each email shows up twice in notification center)

Just wondering if anyone else was having this problem and if there is a solution. I set up mail to display new VIP incomming messages to be listed in the notification center. It worked, but each message is shown twice. Wondering if it's because I use gmail. Maybe notifications are showing it once for Gmail and once for all Inboxes, but there is no way to turn this off that I'm aware of. Any help would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 9:12 AM

9 replies

Apr 19, 2013 6:26 AM in response to reececonrad

I actually found out what was wrong: you need to go to Gmail and disabel the All Mail option from the IMAP service. The double notification is caused because the mail shows up at the same time on both the Inbox and the All Mail folder.

Heads up: if anyone is using the new Mailbox (the one from Dropbox) app on iPhone, the app will need the All Mail option active, so you will have to choose.

Mountain Lion notifications showing up in duplicates (each email shows up twice in notification center)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.