Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard not responding. Trying to locate bluetooth wireless

I am trying to help my elderly father with his Mac mini. He tends to mess things up by clicking almost everything. Our current problem involves the computer trying to find a Bluetooth wireless keyboard. It never does since there isn't one. The little wheel just keeps spinning and spinning. It never times out.

When I unplug it and reboot it, it asks for a password but I can't enter one since the USB keyboard doesn't work. The mouse works and when I click anywhere on the screen, it begins to search for wireless keyboard again. Iam in a loop that I can't get passed.

Any ideas? Can I boot up past this and how do I do it? I am a pc person and do not know much about macs. I bought this for my father thinking it would be easier for him. If someone could leave detailed suggestions, i would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 9:39 AM

1 reply

Keyboard not responding. Trying to locate bluetooth wireless

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.