Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay Icon on 10.8

Hello there, I'm running a 27" iMac mid 2011 and running 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and I don't see the Airplay icon. I bought Apple TV yesterday but its not plugged in or anything because I need an HDMI. But I'd like to know, is the Airplay icon supposed to show even without Apple TV or do I need to hook up the apple tv for it to show the airplay icon?

Thanks for any replies.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 11:03 AM

The airplay icon will show up once the appleTV is engaged on the same wireless network (or wired).

It will appear in the upper corner, and may ask for your airplay password, which you set from within the appleTV during set up.

7 replies

Jul 27, 2012 2:57 PM in response to Zokapi

Hello,

Hope this worked for deathblad but I'm not getting the Airplay Mirroring icon on my imac or getting airplay to work on the imac. I know all are on the same network because Apple TV works with the imac streaming the iTunes music and photo library. Airplay Mirroring also works with my MacBook but not the imac. I've tried every setting I can think of. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Airplay Icon on 10.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.