Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 3gs replacement battery

Where to buy reliable 3GS replacement battery?

iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 11:20 AM

14 replies

Aug 10, 2012 9:51 AM in response to tonefox

Update: I tried what I still believe was a safe bet and got one from iFixit for $20. Got it promptly. Installed and not luck. The phone showed 47% charge and wouldn't move -it wouldn't take charge- and the phone wouldn't work without being plugged in. Applications crashed on launching. Wifi went dead. Gave it some time but nothing changed.

Put the old, original but wasted battery back and everything went back to normal. Contacted iFixit and after some pondering from their part, they're sending me a second battery at no charge. I should get it today. I'll update.

It's disappointing really, that the only support that Apple gives to its costumers in a situation like this is only through their service department. One can not buy a REPLACEMENT BATTERY! And I suposse they get surprised when they get hit with class-action suits. Shame.

Aug 10, 2012 10:31 AM in response to Mydingoling

Apple offer a deal for replacing your battery with the exact same battery that they have sourced after exploring the battery world for the exact battery they want. You choose to buy a battery sourced from who knows where, which is the same shape and electrical specs.

Yes, Apple gets hit with class-action suits. Heard of one that affected them at all?

Aug 23, 2012 7:17 AM in response to tonefox

Final Update: Got the replacement for the useless replacement battery about two weeks ago from iFixit. Got it in right away and the phone has been working wonderfully since. Using the phone now at its full capabilities is a pleasure and a relief. Now I can leisurely wait for the latest iPhone to come my way whenever they make themselves available. I guess somewhere this is called brand loyalty.

Thanks to all who chimed in.

Aug 25, 2013 1:17 PM in response to Mydingoling

Looks like I'll be getting the one from iFixit as well. It's just that their guides are well-done and they're American (or at least Western), I'd definitely go with them. They also offer a 6-month warranty with their batteries. Chinese stuff is cheap, and the iPhones are built in China (with parts from all around the worlds) -- but I'd never trust another no-name Chinese company on Amazon ever since being burned by two (inexpensive) products from them in the past (the first was a bike alarm, the other was a bike light).

For safety, security and accountability I'll choose an American company anyday.

iphone 3gs replacement battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.