4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2012 5:25 AM by Mark23
jonathanfrom佐倉市 Level 1 (0 points)

I have two domains setup.

I need to create a group mailing list that can recieve mails at group@virtualdomain1.com

There will be members in this group from domain1.com and virtualdomain1.com

I used to be able to do this easily, but I can't seem to do this in Mountain lion Server.

Any thoughts?

• levindenboer1975 Level 1 (0 points)

And we wan't to know how to set up 'catch all email' to one specific adres..

like;

number1@domein.com

number2@domein.com

number3@domein.com

these emails should be send to : owner@domein.com

Where can we do that in OS X Server Mountain Lion?

• levindenboer1975 Level 1 (0 points)

is there nobody who has the answer?

• jaydisc Level 4 (1,400 points)

All of this is doable by manipulating postfix underneatht the hood. I haven't seen what file Mountain Lion specifically creates when you turn on virtual hosting, but traditionally these kind of mappings are stored in /etc/postfix/virtual. You need to postmap the file after making changes and restart postfix.

Jonathan, mailman is seemingly no longer included in OS X Server whicih would ahve been perfect. That means you need to manually build your list in /etc/postfix/virtual or install a 3rd party solution as far as I'm aware. In /etc/postfix/virtual, you could so something like:

group@virtualdomain1.com               user@domain1.com, user1@virtualdomain1.com, user3@host.com

Levin, you don't want to do a catch-all, but if you insist, assuming it's with a virtual domain, you'd put in

@domein.com                   owner@domein.com

When done, run:

postmap /etc/postfix/virtual

postfix reload

Do all of this as root or using the sudo command. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you probably shouldn't do it.

• Mark23 Level 3 (975 points)

Use the server app, create groups, make different users member of that group and enable group email.