Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After making the partition using boot camp, i went through the windows 7 installation. when it shows what drives to use, i selected the newly made partition however it wasn't NTFS, so i formated the partition, now i can't boot lion (macbook pro)

After making the partition using boot camp, i went through the windows 7 installation. when it shows what drives to use, i selected the newly made partition however it wasn't NTFS, so i formated the partition not the entire hard disk. i dont think the mac side was deleted, but now i can boot to osx lion. please help urgently. i bout this 13 inch macbook pro mid july this year i really need help thank you

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 1:22 PM

3 replies

Oct 19, 2014 10:17 PM in response to abe999

I just successfully installed Windows 8.1 Update 1 on BootCamp on Mac OS X Yosemite. Here is a step by step I just wrote, hope it helps y'all:

How to successfully install Windows 8, or above, on Mac OS X Mavericks or above:

Requirements:

1- Windows OS ISO Image file

2- An 8GBs USB Flash Drive

3- A good Internet connection as you will need to download the Windows compatible drivers for your Mac

Steps:

1- Open up Disk Utility and create an additional partition for Windows formatted as ExFat. 100GBs, or above, is recommended as update to the operating system, as well as Apps requiere space on your HD or SSD [This step can be done during Mac OS X's installation process]

2- Open up BootCamp Assistant

3- Make sure only the 'Create a Windows 7 or later version install disk' is checked and your USB Flash Drive plugged in and click 'Continue'

4- Click 'Choose' and select your Windows ISO Image file

5- Select the USB Flash Drive you will be using during the installation process and click continue to confirm

6- Once done, restart your Mac and hold down the 'alt/option' key on your keyboard to bring up the Boot Menu

7- Select the USB Flash Drive named Windows, not the UEFI Boot

8- Install Windows as you normally would

* Remember to press and hold the 'alt/option' key, and select the Windows Partition, whenever the installation process requires your Mac to restart

* http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/jj945423.aspx

* http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/install-windows-on-mac

After making the partition using boot camp, i went through the windows 7 installation. when it shows what drives to use, i selected the newly made partition however it wasn't NTFS, so i formated the partition, now i can't boot lion (macbook pro)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.