Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi doenst work after updating software to OS X mountain lion

Hello,

After i updated my macbook pro 14 inch 2012 to the new software OS X mountain lion, i had trouble with my wifi.

It doesnt work anymore... My iPhone and my other Windows laptop still work on my wifi.. but i have only trouble with my wifi on my macbook.

When i try to go to a website on safari, it will load for 3 centimeter and then it stops.. I have read on the internet that more people have problems with this, but i still not have found the solution to fix this problem. i tried different thinks, for example pulling out my power source of my wifi thing, but it doenst work.

Im not a long a macbook owner, so all the help is welcome.

I would realy appriaciate it if someone could help me with this!
Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion, wifi doenst work after updating

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 2:48 PM

2 replies

Aug 14, 2012 12:10 AM in response to Reckimo

I have the same problem. I have an MBP running 10.7.4 and after the software update I could no longer connect to my WiFi and now have "Wi-Fi: No hardware installed" underneath my airport symbol. I also cannot open anything in System Preferences either. I have phoned Applecare and they have told me that it is a hardware issue and needs to be fixed manually which will cost me a fortune now that it is JUST out of protection. Makes me wonder...

Aug 14, 2012 5:54 AM in response to Reckimo

I have the same problem too. I updated my laptop to Mountain Lion and my wi-fi wasn't working. I clicked on my icon on the desktop and it showed I had full bars and was checked as if I were conected but the desktop icon showed otherwise. The bottom line was I didn't have internet. I have 3 other main computers and another laptop and all of them were working fine on this network. What I did then was created a second network. It tooks a good 30 seconds to show up as an available network. The strange part is it does not show up in the join other network, it only shows up in my dropdown when I click on the desktop icon. If I click on the second network to join, my internet connection via wi-fi works fine. Once connected, I can switch back to my main network and get internet on it as well. It is the initial connection method that is at fault. Then I updated all my other Macs 1 by 1 and as soon as I updated to Mountain Lion they had the same problem. I checked each individually as I was updating. This was the only workaround I could find until such time as Apple sends out an update to correct this. It is a pain in the butt.

Wifi doenst work after updating software to OS X mountain lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.