Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If you buy a refurbished ipad 2 from gamestop, can you get applecare?

I noticed GameStop is selling apple products now, and since they were refurbished, I was wondering if I could still get applecare if I bought an ipad 2 from them. Can anyone help me?

iPad 2

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 2:58 PM

6 replies

Jul 30, 2012 7:02 AM in response to KamiiKameleon

It's highly doubtful. To the best of my knowledge, Apple does not sell factory-refurbished products through any dealer, so such "refurbishment" would have been carried out by some third-party shop. If they made any sort of modifications to the hardware and did not just reinstall the OS and clean up the case, then any warranty would almost certainly be void, not only making it impossible to get AppleCare but to get any service from Apple at all.

Check with GameStop and find out exactly what this "refurbishment" consists of. Or, as the others have advised, accept a slightly higher price and get an officially refurbished iPad directly from Apple; it's likely to be much less of a risk.

Regards.

If you buy a refurbished ipad 2 from gamestop, can you get applecare?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.